Can I say it one more time?
Here’s what you’ll need:
A butternut squash
Kosher salt (or regular salt, if you insist)
Fresh ground pepper (Ok, ok, regular pepper will do, as well. But it’s not as pretty.)
1. Ask your husband to help you cut the squash, because these things are super hearty .
2. Slice the squash into smaller… slices :)
3. Cut the outside off.
4. Slice them into fries!
5. Add some olive oil. Just enough so they don’t stick too much. (Be easy with it, though. Too much oil can make the squash soggy and then you’ll be sad. Trust me.)
6. Add some salt and pepper. Not too much, you can always add more later. Then mix it all up.
7. Make them look all pretty (that means “place in a single layer in a baking dish” for those who you who don’t speak Becca).
8. Bake at 350 for about 50 minutes, flipping them about halfway through. They might need to be broiled for a few minutes at the end.
9. Serve with organic ketchup. Because, really, it tastes better.
I also made some with just a little bit of cinnamon and sugar, because the squash smelled like pumpkin to me and that made me crave pumpkin pie and that made me think of cinnamon and sugar… Anyway, try some. That was good, too.